Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't log in to my computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shawl

Shawl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

Hi, just recently, my computer got a peculiar blue screen error and then immediately shutdown. When I tried to start up, instead of the normal log in screens or error messages, the screen was black and said "Windows Loading Files..." With a small white bar at the bottom. Then it would go to this screen with a process called Startup Repair. It would look for errors to find and repair, but at the end of each attempt, it would say it was unable to find or solve anything. Then I was given the option to restart the computer or shutdown. Anytime I tried to restart it would have these same options. When I tried to use other options available to me, like System Restore, or run a diagnosis, it would fail to work. I also tried to run a SFC scan in the command prompt that was given to me, but it always failed, saying that I had to restart. When I abruptly shut it down and turn it back on, instead of getting the notification that I shutdown wrong and the options on how to start my computer, I was instead told, in the same font, that I could use startup repair to fix any problems I've had. This never came up like this, and this makes me believe it is a virus. I tried to start windows normally, and it still led to Startup Repair.

When my friend put an antivirus program onto a disc, I went to the boot menu, and from there, I tried to boot the disc. And though the computer made the sound of effort trying to read the disc, it instead went back to startup repair. Every option I take leads back to startup repair, and startup repair does nothing at all. If anyone has any information on what I should do, or what to look for, it would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, it is a Gateway Computer with Windows 7 if that helps any. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pachm

pachm

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

The way to restore Gateways is to hold down the ALT Key and repeatedly hitting f10 then it should bring you to a boot sequence screen then choose the HDD and then hold down ALT and repeatedly hit f10 again that should promt the restore feature for gateway. If that doesnt work the only way to do it is to boot into windows and run the eRecovery program. recovery is to brink your pc back to factory condition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users