Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application hang and network issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skylyre

skylyre

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

I am desperate for some help. This has been an on and off problem with our computers for a while now, but for some reason yesterday and today, I can barely keep our Medisoft program running for more than five minutes at a time. We have two computers running XP Professional that also run a medical software called Medisoft off of a server. We get this sporadic problem of the software "hanging" intermittently. It will work fine for months, and then bam... non-stop. It is a huge pain. I've brought it up to our tech guy (who is also the one who set up our network and software) and he's tried some things but ultimately does not know what's going on and has not been able to fix it.

Here is a screenshot of the error log: Posted Image

If someone could give me any advice, it would be soappreciated!

Thanks,
skylyre

I'm realizing how bad that image looks... here's the direct link: https://ssl-proxy-updated.herokuapp.com/87d81947f51f316eb8e9cd32c3ee8ffa43fd69d8/687474703a2f2f693130362e70686f746f6275636b65742e636f6d2f616c62756d732f6d3237342f736b61626c696d65697475702f61707068616e677069632e6a7067/

Alright they both look bad, sorry :) I will just copy paste if anyone thinks they can help!

Edited by skylyre, 24 May 2011 - 05:15 PM.

with a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,424 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

<<I've brought it up to our tech guy (who is also the one who set up our network and software) and he's tried some things but ultimately does not know what's going on and has not been able to fix it.>>

Well...what things have been tried?

Generally...a problem with a single program can probably best be attacked as corruption or the need for updating to the program, IMO.

Has anyone checked Event Viewer logs for possible clues?

You may want to look at the data available at www.eventid.net, but those errors look pretty generic to me.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1000&eventno=1475&source=Application Error&phase=1

Louis

#3 skylyre

skylyre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure what he has done exactly. I know we've reinstalled the software and the service packs are up to date.

I'll check out the link and see if that gets me anywhere, but my guess is that I'm just going to have to wait for our system to be updated... a new server and network setup.

Thanks for your reply! :)
with a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users