Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add or Remove Programs; Can't remove -Get error msg

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lilgoomer

lilgoomer

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

One of my foster kids connected his phone to my computer and tried to do something with his phone. MotoConnect and the Motorola Driver Installation 4.2.0 showed up. He never got it to work properly and now I can't get rid of it. This also happened with his zune too. And that has been next to impossible to remove as well. I still get registry entries for it.

The error on the MotoConnect is There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Fatal error during installation.

One on the driver Installation it doesn't even give me an option to remove it just says used: rarely.

Any help would be appreciated.. I have to eke a little bit more life out of XP Pro before I can upgrade to Win 7.. I don't think my system is "enough" to run it.

Thank you
Beth

Edited by lilgoomer, 24 May 2011 - 10:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

Try Revo Uninstaller get the free version.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 lilgoomer

lilgoomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Thank you I will give that a try, wish there was a program that can get rid of stupid use of computer by children >.<

Beth

#4 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

Beth: Hide the power cord ! LOL !
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Put a password on it.

#6 lilgoomer

lilgoomer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

LOL tried both of those <_< how ever this was when one child was on the computer with permission and the other child sort of slid right in there... and BAM! 5 computers for 8 kids is not cutting it and too many of them (kids) seem to know how to work around the work arounds :)

Did the Revo force uninstall and worked. Have yet to restart to see if it sticks ;) I got infected with something and have been limping along trying to recover things like missing icons, control panel, programs... piece by piece. Couldn't even get a clean install to work >.<

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

Our folks will be more than happy to assist you with your infection.
Start a threat in Am I Infected and someone will take a look for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users