Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Screen Won't Turn On

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DustinJL

DustinJL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:07 AM

hello, i am a nuuubeee here, but i have a question about my monitor and computer. i have this custom built computer, that usually works perfect, but about a week ago i woke up and went to turn it on and the computer turns on....but the monitor won't, when i press power button on monitor, the little light turns green, seems likes it coming on then the light turns orange and won't show anything. i hooked it up to my other computer, and the mouse didn't work, but the monitor still did. i went bought a new mouse and my old computer then worked good ( the monitor and mouse) , then i hooked new mouse and old monitor to my custom built computer. turned it on and she booted right up screen came on....then worked for about a week, came home , screen didn't turn on. my dad said the cat jumped on the computer and it fell over side ways and landed on its side. now the monitor won't turn on again. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO OR HAVE ADVICE, THX

dustin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:25 AM

I will let Admin know to post this for you in the correct forum, since this is not a hijack this log... you will get more help somewhere else.

Since you said your computer fell sideways, perhaps your video card became loose?? may just have to be reinserted into its slot, probably making a loose connection.

have you ever worked with hardware or would you like BC to help you??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users