Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
(v1.50.1) and save it to your desktop.
Malwarebytes' may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Double-click on the setup file to install, then follow these instructions for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.
- Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
Note: If Malwarebytes' encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware.
- After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes' when done.
-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
as you may need to rename it or use RKill
Please Reset Internet Explorer
or use Microsoft's Fix it
to automatically reset registry keys and the browser back to the way it was when initially installed. If you check the Delete personal settings
checkbox in Advanced settings, it will reset the home page(s), search providers and Accelerators to their default values. It will also delete temporary Internet files, history, cookies, web form information (passwords) and InPrivate Filtering data.-- Note: Microsoft Fix it does not work in Windows 7. Instead, you can use the Internet Explorer troubleshooters to achieve this automatically.
itially installed. Then clear your browser history
If using FireFox
, please refer to:
Edited by quietman7, 24 May 2011 - 08:39 AM.