Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will screen from HP C7000 fit a C6000

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mannshands

mannshands

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

Hi.
Can someone tell me if the screen from an HP C7000 laptop can be installed on a C6000? The hinges look the same. The displays have a few small differences. No webcam on the C7000 and the HP logo is moved. Near the hinges are the spkrs, these are also different. So before I tear open 2 laptops, I would appreciate knowing if it will simply plug right in. Will Win Vista find the new display automatically?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

Is it a C6000 or V6000? I can't find anything on the C6000. However the V6000 has a different model number screen as the C7000 (you can already see they look different) If the VGA plugs are the same you may be able to use it. There is no real way to tell. There is a chance of damaging the LCD even if the plugs are the same so proceed at your own Risk. I would just find a new/used display there 100 bucks here and you can find them for less on Ebay

Edited by Sneakycyber, 24 May 2011 - 09:04 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 mannshands

mannshands
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:05 AM

Hi Sneaky,
I am so sorry. These are G6000 and G7000 models. I must wear my glasses more often.
I live in isolated mountains in Andalucia,Spain. Access to spare parts is by mail or 60mi drive. So please inform me if this connector cable is easily damaged, or warn me of any "traps" I may encounter, or any spare parts I should have before opening up these 2 laptops. I have never replaced a display before. I have done a few laptop stripdowns to access cmos batts and mobo connects(power jack, usb).
THX
Mannshands

Edited by mannshands, 25 May 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:18 AM

Physically they are the same size however they are two completely different displays. The G7000 is an Edge lit 1280 x 800 WXGA and the G6000 is a bright view WSXGA 1680 X 1050. The resolutions are different and so are the display types and power consumptions. I would not risk trying to swap the displays. You can see the Service manuals here G6000 and G7000. Disassembling them should be straightforward as with the other laptops. Be sure to remember what screws go where. I would find a new display online. I found the G7000 here for 159.99 and the G6000 here for 119.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 mannshands

mannshands
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:28 AM

Thank you very much. I have worked on enough laptops to smell troublesome jobs and you confirmed my suspicions. You have saved me hours of pointless disassembly. :thumbup2:
The link to the G6000 only ships to US and CAN. Will look for one from EU source.
Gracias Amigo
mannshands

Edited by mannshands, 25 May 2011 - 09:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users