Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Recovery virus- Need Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anna Viola

Anna Viola

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:44 AM

I got this virus as well. Downloaded Malwarebytes and ran it. after 2 hours of it scanning nothing showed up. it said my computer was ok, but i have that virus and it is still hidding my icons and all. -.- . any help?

Mod Edit: Merged topics, sent PM asking for update of stated problem status ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 28 May 2011 - 10:21 AM.
Split from diefferent topic, PM sent to new OP, moved to AII.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anna Viola

Anna Viola
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:48 AM

I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and followed the instructions from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-vista-recovery - The Malware showed up nothing after 2 hours of scanning. And now i can at least see my icons on my desktop, but not my start menu, but the virus is still on my computer. Is there another way to remove or maybe something i might have done wrong??

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum, due to the lack of restricted malware logs in topic. ~ Animal

#3 Anna Viola

Anna Viola
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

I am about to try this method http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-recovery it looks almost the same but i got nothing else to do. hopefully it works

#4 Anna Viola

Anna Viola
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

I think i know what i missed. i did not allow RKill to stop it completely and now that i ran malware it showed 2 infections right off the bat. :) ill post my results when it is done

#5 Anna Viola

Anna Viola
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Yes u have to download another program to stop the virus from not showing up on ur computer. go here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-recovery and dowload RKill Download Link.
Sorry if my reply is late. hopefully u fixed the problem before this :)

#6 Anna Viola

Anna Viola
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:27 AM

i fixed my computer thx for the info provided on this site. im glad i found this site :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users