Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Essentials 2010 -- Cannot Remove!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zoooma

Zoooma

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hello!

I am running Windows XP.

I think I am infected with Security Essentials 2010.

Here's what immediately pops up every single time I restart the computer:

Posted Image

After the countdown and clicking the left hand button, this comes up:

Posted Image

and then:

Posted Image

While I am on the computer, Firefox sort of works . . . I am infected with a redirect virus but I'm not worried about that right now . . . an old Netscape browser works just fine.

.Exe programs will not work. This is very troublesome.
Each time I try to open one, I get a window like this:

Posted Image

Other warnings that pop up are all of these:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

**** 1 of those 9 pops up on average approximately once a minute.
Sometimes 2 or 3 pop up at the exact same time.
Over the course of 1 hour, that's 60-70 pop ups that need to be closed.
A couple of them, when working in Normal Mode, are accompanied by a loud pig-kind of squeal sound.

I have run 4 different programs approximately 6 - 8 times each:

Norman Malware Cleaner
SUPERAntiSpyware
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
AVG

I've run them in Normal Mode and in Safe Mode with Networking. Nothing has worked. A couple of times, Norman Malware Cleaner somehow got Security Essentials to not be able to work. I could then use .Exe programs. Unfortunately that fix was not permanent and now if I run Norman again, there will be no effect . . . like with all the other programs.

After running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, it showed SecurityEssentials2010 and it was "eliminated." But it wasn't -- upon reboot the same problem kept happening and running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again showed, again, SecurityEssentials2010.

To be able to use .Exe programs is essential to me.
This "Security Essentials 2010" needs to be eliminated.

If someone can help with that, I would truly be so grateful to you!!!

Thank You :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:52 PM

Down RKill and save it to your desktop.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/iExplore.exe

Note that this programme has been named as iExplore.exe so malware will not target it.

Once it is downloaded, double-click on the iExplore.exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with the malware. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If you get a message that RKill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by Security Solution 2011 when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close RKill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run RKill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate Security Solution 2011 . So, please try running RKill until the malware is no longer running.

Then immediately run a quick scan with Malwarebytes and post the log.

Edited by Budapest, 23 May 2011 - 10:53 PM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users