Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VB Applications

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RiverStyx

RiverStyx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:28 AM

Hi, does anyone know where you get Visual Basic Applications built in Access and Excel for free? All I'm finding is sites like www.vbapps.ca that you submit requests to get a quote for a specific project instead of a listing of already built applications.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

What version of Excel?

I still use Office 2000 & it has a Visual Basic Editor built in.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Not clear what the question is about.
Excel and Access do not have Visual Basic Applications built in. Oh, there may be few examples in the built in samples.xls, but that's not much in terms of applications.

Excel has VBA - Visual Basic for Applications, which permits you to write code. To get to that click View, then Toolbars and turn on Visual Basic. You'll get a toolbar of VB tools.

Access - I don't remember, but there is a mix of languages - one on the queries tab has SQL language, and another, perhaps behind forms lets you write your VB scripts to enter, display or edit data files, etc.

My system has Office 2000 and 2003. I don't know about 2007 or 2010, but I think they're similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users