Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fat 32 to NTSF

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 M12 130013S

M12 130013S

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:40 AM

Ok, so I was trying to transfer an ISO Image from my laptop to my desktop and I got an error because the file was to big for the file format.
I didn't want to convert the drive to ntsf because I was worried about losing the data and my external has my whole life on it. (This is not the first external that I have lost all my data on so I didn't want to risk it)
So instead I thought I would try partitioning the drive so that I have a partition that was NTSF.
I downloaded EASEUS Partition Master because my friend recommended it to me.
I partitioned about 50 GB of it to be NTSF and assigned the drive letter I to the drive and made the partition a logical partiotion
After the program completed the partition I went to MYCOMPUTER to see if it worked. The partition that I just created was there but I could not access the rest of my files.
I tried restarting the computer and the partition was still there but I could not access my files.
So I went back into EASEUS and deleted the partition to see if that would allow me to access my files and it would not. I tried restarting it and it still would not allow me to access my files.
I am at a loss right now and would really appreciate if someone could find a way to help me without me losing all my data.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,880 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

Go to Disk Mangement (Start/Run...type diskmgmt.msc and hit Enter) and take a screenshot...post, please.

Louis

#3 M12 130013S

M12 130013S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

How do you insert an image or attach a file?

#4 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:12 PM

Hi, you might want to follow this tutorial for that.
link

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

#5 M12 130013S

M12 130013S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

here is a link to the image

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,880 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

<<I partitioned about 50 GB of it to be NTSF and assigned the drive letter I to the drive and made the partition a logical partiotion >>

I don't see either a 50GB partition...nor any partitioned space representing I:.

I see two hard drives.

The first is a boot/Windows drive with a recovery partition, a Windows partition, and the system manufacturer's partition.

The second is a 1TB drive...reflecting 260GB Unallocated Space, a 260GB partition without a file system, 396GB Unallocated Space, and a 16GB OS/2 boot partition.

Whatever you have done...it doesn't appear that you did as you stated.

Louis

#7 M12 130013S

M12 130013S
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:28 AM

If you recall in my original post i said that i deleted the 50 gb partition to see if that would fix the problem...that is why you don't see it up there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users