Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

personal shield pro [Split topic]

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 london boy

london boy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

Hello..Ive got this problem too with personal shield pro,i have only got AFG free 8.5 protection and this thing will not let me access it to scan, everything i do just leads me back to them wanting me to sign up to and pay for their service. I must add that i am quite computer illiterate and dont use it much, i never do banking etc. The last time this happened a couple of years ago i paid some guy 100 to "clean" the computer,should i do this again? or if i signed up to a proper AFG cover would i be able to get rid of this thing?. Any help you guys might offer would be very much appreciated...thanks...Jamie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 london boy

london boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

Slightly worse today ..my computer keeps shutting down and in the bottom right hand corner of my screen where the little icon things are the pro shield logo has replaced the AFG one...Its taking over!!

#3 london boy

london boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:41 AM

Oh! i have windows XP btw...thanks

#4 ~Kal~

~Kal~

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:47 PM

Can you get online at all? If you can, download malwarebytes and run a scan with that - it's very good for clearing out this sort of infection. Read the guide on using it for more info:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/how-to-use-malwarebytes-anti-malware-tutorial - this guide also has a link to download it

Remember to update it before you run the scan. If you can't get it to run, try running it in safe mode (tap f8 when you're booting up your computer and choose to start in safe mode with networking)

Just to be on the safe side, download/update and scan with superantispyware too.

If that doesn't seem to sort things out, post again and more expert help will be along - if you do need more help, they may ask to see your malwarebytes & superantispyware logs so be sure to save them.
Kal
Please bear in mind I'm in the UK so our timezones may not always sync.
If I'm helping you and haven't replied within 24 hrs please send me a pm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users