Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why disabled antivirus is not an important message in activity center?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FlyerX

FlyerX

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

sorry if i give you a bad translation, since all you see, my system is in spanish...

but the problem is; i did a registry cleaner(to erase some entries of a bad uninstalled software) (with comodo registry cleaner) after restart i notice that the antivirus and firewall icons on the clock area were gone, after couple of restarts they came back.... now the activity center flag is delayed (bt now i dont remember if it is normal or not) and once the flag is there i test the activity center by disabling firewall, then the flag come out with a red "x", but not with the antivirus.
In this picture, as you see
Posted Image
i have disabled both, antivirus and firewall and it only shows the firewall as "important" message.

should not show the antivirus status as an important message too?

Edited by FlyerX, 22 May 2011 - 09:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:37 AM

Registry Cleaners cause problems they do not cure them. NEVER use a registry cleaner. Use system restore to go back to a point before you used the registry cleaner.

#3 FlyerX

FlyerX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Registry Cleaners cause problems they do not cure them. NEVER use a registry cleaner. Use system restore to go back to a point before you used the registry cleaner.

yeah.. definitely im starting to agree with you, but i did a system restore to see if that action restore the registry (to the point just before the registry cleaner erase the "errors" on the registry, and i had no result. the system is stable and fast but i dont like those little weird behaviors...

some other tell me that it is normal that the activity center warns you as a "normal" message when the antivirus is off, but im almost sure tht have seen antivirus off as an "important" message on activity center, could you try with yours? click on your antivirus on "off" button and see what message throw you the activity center.... please?

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

Go to action center settings and see what you have checked. Just type in the word "action" in the search.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users