Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mic/Cam is not recognized by USB port?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 A.Clow

A.Clow

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'm new to this site, but I really could use some help, i didn't know where else to put this thread, but I have a vista so..

I have a Logitech C600 Webcam/Mic (which is built into it). Last night while I was on a skype call, it randomly stopped working. When you plug it in, a message popsup that says "USB Device Not Recognized: One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned , and Windows does not recognize it." When you click on the bubble, it shows that there is an unknown device.

I'm not sure why this is happening or what I can do to fix this. I'm not sure if it is the port or the cam itself.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

I would go to Device Manager...see if any items have a yellow marking...and install the appropriate drivers from either the drivers CD which came with the system...or which are available at the website of the system manufacturer.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 A.Clow

A.Clow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

i have tried that, and it does not work for some reason! When I am installing it, it asks me to plug in my device, but the device is not recognized.

It is a logitech C200 Webcam

#4 A.Clow

A.Clow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

I have figured out that it is indeed a problem with the webcam, but I am not sure why this is happening so randomly? What's the cause of this? Is there any solution?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:55 PM

Some components die all at once...some go gradually.

We are not talking about a system within the one-year warranty period...after that year, everything is up for grabs, IMO. Although most components do exceed the warranty period, I am not surprised when they fail.

I would try an external webcam temporarily...just to satisfy myself that it is not something else.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users