Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does anyone know?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Beathalor

Beathalor

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:08 PM

I am trying to locate a copy of Windows 1.0 if anyone knows where i could find or download it please let me know.

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 24 May 2011 - 07:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:30 PM

I used to have Windows 1.0a.

Hope you still have a 5 1/4 inch floppy drive sitting around as that is what media it shipped on.
Dont remember if it was low density or high density though.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Beathalor

Beathalor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

Ok ill have to try to find one of those drives but do you know where i could buy windows 1.0 itself i really dont want to download it form one of those virus riddled sites like piratebay

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

Have you tried a few local computer shops? not the major ones, the smaller ma and pa type shops? they may be able to find one/know where one is.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:25 AM

I have no honest idea, but a search of Google picked up this little Gem for me to Share?

http://www.computerhope.com/history/windows.htm

It is a listing of M$ releases.

Rest of the Google Search is here.

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=800&bih=425&q=the+windows+1.0+operating+system+is+released&oq=Windows+1.0+Operating+System&aq=1b&aqi=g1g-b1&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=5560l5560l0l1l1l0l0l0l0l305l305l3-1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=d815d3d7fe13cbdb

Over 40 million Links.

Happy Hunting.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#6 Beathalor

Beathalor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:41 AM

Thanks guys i really appreciate it. No luck in the local shops as of yet but im still trying.

#7 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

Its going to be a hard thing to find.
Collectors item ya know.

Check your local thrift stores as well.

Im curious what you intend to do with it.
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users