Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaming Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 panicpimp

panicpimp

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:34 PM

Hello All,
I am looking for a new desktop and was wondering if anyone had any advice/information. I am on a limited budget and am comfortably spending around 800 total, 600 on the tower and 200 for a decent monitor. Does anyone know of any computers that would be ok? I mainly will play blizzard games like starcraft, world of warcraft and the new diablo when it comes out. Other than that I will primarily use internet and microsoft office. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. THanks and have a great day!

Chris

Edit: Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Do you want to build a computer or buy one off-the-shelf? If you already had the monitor, $800 would be a good budget for quality parts, however, the monitor portion drastically reduces what you can get, but for basic home office stuff, it should suffice. If you buy one instead of build, you will get a PC, but it won't be quite as good quality wise.

This computer, paired with this monitor would be good for basic gaming and home office tasks.

Edited by DJBPace07, 22 May 2011 - 06:16 PM.

3939.png

#3 panicpimp

panicpimp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:19 PM

I wanna buy one off the shelf.I am not knowledgeable enough to build one, any suggestions? I could actually spend a grand total, if that would help. I had an apple imac in college and have not had a desktop pc since highschool. I have a laptop now, but want a desktop to use for work and play games on.

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

The items I suggested would work for light gaming. The Dell Inspiron One 2305 is also decent. The Vaio L Series is also good at about a grand. None of these computers will allow you to upgrade the video card yourself, though, you can customize the Vaio to a large extent before purchasing. Any of Velocity Micro's Vector systems would work, though you would have to buy a monitor. Unless you are willing to build a PC, getting a high-end unit to play games on that is cost effective is tricky.

3939.png

#5 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:11 AM

I would buy the Sony Vaio one because of the customization options.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

...as do the Velocity Micro PC's.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users