Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Admin password no longer working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jardy57

Jardy57

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

Help friends, I am the system admin on the home laptop. I didn't change the password but now the dialog box will not recognise the password.. I didn't set up a recovery disc...is there anything I can do?!?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WaWake

WaWake

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

Jardy,
I found this somewhere, sometime. I do not remember where and when, but maybe it is of any help for you:

Quote: > The first thing which you check if you forget your login password: When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account "Administrator" and sets its password to blank. So if you have forgotten your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you See Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+Alt+Delete keys twice and it’ll show the classic login box. Now type »Administrator« (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log into Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from "Control Panel -> User Accounts".
The same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in the login screen. < Unquote.
Kind reagds | WaWa

#3 Jardy57

Jardy57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

thanks a mill I'll give it a go and let you know..
M.

#4 Jardy57

Jardy57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

oops didn't work...any others?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users