Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Update Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jtphenom

jtphenom

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:17 PM

Hi folks,

I'm trying to update Malwarebytes, and it will start to update, and then a portion of the way done (varies from 7% complete to 74% complete), and then it starts over. It has done this numerous times, even in Safe Mode w/networking. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks!
James

P.S. I need recommendations on good (FREE) programs that examine processes and find ones that are actually bad stuff in disguise. Please and thank you. :)

Edited by jtphenom, 22 May 2011 - 04:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

By the way, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. :-/

#3 Jim Ow

Jim Ow

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:57 AM

You might want to try downloading a new version of Malwarebytes, they had an issue the beginning of May with this but they updated the software to resolve the issue, try downloading the new build from: here

With the malicous processes, try Rkill. It will kill all bad process, please note that it does sometimes kill legit processes as well such as MBAM itself and various other programs. From this you will be able to see where the process was killed from and delete if you want to.

#4 jtphenom

jtphenom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Yes I did use Rkill. That didn't find anything that it had an issue with. I just thought there was another program that specifically focuses on duplicate processes running.

Thanks for the tip on Malwarebytes. I'll try that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users