Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win XP Blue Screen on Boot Screen (working on HD extaranally)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 baboonsavage

baboonsavage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Hello. I wonder if you can help me out here. My Win Xp PC will not start in either Safe or Normal mode.

This happened to me last week and after removing the HD and plugging it into this laptop and using Malware Bytes and AVG Free it worked in the PC again.

This morning I fired up the PC and installed SpywareBlaster and some other free spryware removal tools i saw recomended on a site like this one and the blue screen hit again.

Ive removed the HD and plugged it into this laptop (not before updating all of my protection software) and AVG has found 192 win32/zbot.g,vbs generic and generic infections. I attempted to heal these and it went well until I rebooted the laptop and reconected the HD, there are morte there now.

I am unable to do a HijackThis log as its a HD on the end of the USB to SATA thing.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users