Several symptoms persistently hoard CPU resources and slow my computer down which is a huge inconvenience to me as I work from my computer at home, my situation also presents a daunting security risk as this computer has been used for online banking in the past.
Here are the problems which have affected me.
Slow system Speed
Youtube Videos will not play
Intermittent Blue Screen of Death
Windows Explorer crashes and restarts.
I went on holday a while back for a week or so, and when I came back home I checked my family computer and was horrified to see it riddled with various spyware and malware.
I scanned the computer using spybot, and then after that I scanned it with Malware Bytes Anti Malware. The software removed several Trojans and other assorted spyware but the problems persisted.
Whilst searching though my C:\ Drive in various places I have discovered a dozen or so files and folders which, after quick google searches, appear to be malicious. However I lack the expertise required to solve the problems.
Below is a list of the suspicious files and folders which I have discvored.
- There is a folder in my system32 directory named 0409 which is supiscious aswell as several other files in the system32 directory.
- There is a file named "RTKVADA" in my WINDOWS directory
- There is a file named "eReg.DAT in my WINDOWS directory
- There is a file named "nsreg.DAT" in my WINDOWS directory
- There is a file named "hpoins.DAT" in my WINDOWS directory
- There is a file named "RtDefLvl" in my WINDOWS directory
- There is a file named "Hidewin" in my WINDOWS directory
Here are the names of some of the suspicious files in the system32 folder.
The problem I have is that some of the files are in my System32 folder. I do not feel comfortable screwing around in directories as important as system32 so I have come to this community of talented individuals to ask for help. I have tried scanning with Spybot, MBAM and Avira Antivirus but to no avail.
My Machine is running on Vista Home Basic 32-bit (Service Pack 2) and I currently have the following tools installed and both are fully updated:
- Spybot Search and Destroy (Running Tea Timer)
- Malware Bytes Anti Malware
** Please notify me if any of my post constitutes to a violation of the forum rules and I will amend with haste **
If I have missed out any crucial information then please notify me.
I would greatly appreciate any help which a member may offer as my computer is crucial to my work, thank you. I eagerly await a reply!
P.S - I have Hijack this on my computer, would it make the situation easier to resolve if I post a log? Thanks in advance
Edited by Spartan606, 23 May 2011 - 11:32 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.