Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red Dots on my monitor when I watch video files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kamador451

kamador451

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

I don't think it's my graphics card becuase I took it out and try it with the integrated one on the motherboard and the red dots were still there when I watch a movie. When I tried it on another monitor the red dots were gone. Also this only occurs when I'm watching a video file and the file is big like around 4 GB. Is it truly my monitor that is busted? is there a way to fix it?

Edited by kamador451, 22 May 2011 - 11:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dwarf

Dwarf

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

It isn't your graphics card, as you've already eliminated that by removing it and using the motherboard alternative. You've already tried another monitor, and the red dots disappeared. This would lead to a possible monitor fault. Have you tried the monitor on a different system to see if it gives the same result? What about the monitor cable? Do you have another cable you can try (assuming that it isn't wired directly into the monitor)?

#3 kamador451

kamador451
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

yes tried all of that so my only option left is to buy a new monitor, right? any other fixes?

#4 Dwarf

Dwarf

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

A strange one, this. Does it only happen with large video files, or with video files of any size? What happens if you try to flex the monitor cable near the connectors at either end? If this doesn't make any difference, and the other monitor you've tried doesn't display these symptoms, then it could well be your monitor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users