Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista, Malware

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 modsruleok

modsruleok

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:21 AM

I today have downloaded this fake recovery trojan virus or what ever it is,it started doing a scan and informing me that my computer is critical,has no ram left and so on.My icons on my desktop were all gone, plus my desktop went black and all my photos are gone.This is what i done to correct the problem,i downloaded Malwarebytes and did a scan this then removed the fake system restore and stoped all the popups that were driving me insane.I then restarted my pc and my system seemed to be ok but still had a jet black screen with only one icon still left on it,so i did a system restore and took it back a week,restarted the pc and everything has come back icons screen saver picture what i had before.The only thing that i cannot seem to recover is my photos,they seem to be lost for good(or are they)i have look everywhere but cannot find them..so if someone can help me with recovering the photos the it would be appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 22 May 2011 - 07:50 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users