Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Shield Pro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Squidmonkey

Squidmonkey

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

I appear to have gotten one of those viruses that pretends to be an anti virus program and stops you from doing anything on your computer until you pay them. I have had these before and have gotten rid of them but this one is particularly annoying as when i start my computer up I get a message saying that my computer has some critical error and will restart in one minute, all while not letting me click on MBAM or spybot or anything. It doesn't appear in safe mode with networking so thats how I am posting. I couldnt find any information on Personal Shield Pro when searching on google so I figure that it is a new virus. I did a scan with spybot and there were no results and I scanned with MBAM and it got rid of 4 things but the virus is still there when i'm not in safe mode. I haven't posted here in a long time so I don't exactly know the protocol but I am on windows 7 and I cant post a hijack this log because I dont have it and you cant download from safe mode.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,960 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hello,

Do you have access to another computer?

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Squidmonkey

Squidmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

Hey i fixed it, i did a full scan with MBAM of all drives instead of just the quick one and its good. Should have done that before posting but i got'er done so its all good.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,960 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:06 AM

Thank you for letting us know.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users