Jump to content
Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:38 PM
Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:12 PM
Posted 22 May 2011 - 02:58 PM
Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:17 PM
My answers are my opinion only,usually
Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:28 AM
Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:38 PM
Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:15 PM
Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:17 PM
Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:56 PM
......I was able to activate Windows.... I am still getting the pop up screen that states Windows is not Genuine. How do I get rid of the pop up screen?
Edited by Union_Thug, 26 May 2011 - 04:00 PM.
Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:15 PM
Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:05 PM
Edited by Union_Thug, 27 May 2011 - 09:36 PM.
Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:33 PM
Step 1 : Open Elevated command prompt(Right click on Cmd icon and Run as Admin..)
Step 2 : Type Command cscript.exe slmgr.vbs -rearm (This will reset the Windows Activation Status)
Step 3 : Reboot and Attempt to Reactivate using the same product key or Phone Activation (slui 4)
Run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic (MGADIAG) tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012)
Important "Check the result of the Diagnostic Scan and Collect the Error Code"
Else try the following steps:
1) Click the Start button
2) Type: CMD.exe in the start search field
3) Right -Click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator
4) Type: net stop sppsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
5) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
6) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
7) Type: slui
8) After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear. You likely be asked to re-enter your product key and/or re-activate.
Even if this doesn't solve your problem i would suggest you to do a Repair Inplace Upgrade.
Collecting Error Code or Error Log is very important..
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users