Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

In the Dark

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cutrerre

cutrerre

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

As I posted in the introductions forum, my name is Rob, and I just want to say thanks again in advance for any help that I can get. I certainly appreciate it very much.

The issue that I am trying to resolve actually is on my momís laptop. She enjoys playing games online and usually has no problems. Earlier today, during an effort to play a game that she found through the Acer game icon on her desktop, an AVG Resident Shield Alert came up saying Threat detected!

It says:

File name: c:\ProgramFiles(x86)\AcerGames\InsaniquariumDeluxe\Insaniquarium-WT.exe
Virus found Win32/Heur.dropper

This is also what I found when I ran a complete scan with AVG. I just ran a complete scan with SuperAntiSpyware on the laptop in question, and to be on the safe side I am on my PC posting right now.

SuperAntiSpyware results:

Adware.ShopAtHome/SelectRebates (2 items)
Adware.Tracking Cookie (14 items)

I clicked next to remove this harmful hardware, and now I have a pop-up that says:
Must reboot to complete removalÖ Reboot now? Yes or No. Iím not really sure if I should do that since I still have AVG pulled up without a resolution for that.

I tried doing some research on this issue, but I am getting very little info on this that is useful or that I comprehend. Please keep in mind I donít have that much experience with this as Iím sure you have figured out by now, so if someone has the time and patience to lend me a hand I would be very grateful. Thanks again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users