Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

am I infected? various error messages & problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mhaunga

mhaunga

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hi, I am new to this site and wondered if someone could assist. I am experiencing numerous problems on my desktop & am concerned ie. google keeps redirecting to random sites, Vista Security 2011 kept popping up saying the computer was infected & that I needed to purchase the program, system is running slow, desktop settings automatically changed. Previously I have tried to fix things by following advice posted on this website but I don't believe that I have fixed the issues. Today I have logged on and the computer kept crashing & I had to restart it numerous times. I then received an error message "checking file system on c:, the type of the file system is NTFS, volume label is compaq". I have Microsoft Security Essentials & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed which I have been running on a daily basis. MSE has picked up the following today & I am unable to delete this file:

Category: Virus

Description: This program is dangerous and replicates by infecting other files.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\volsnap.sys

Any help appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users