Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 will not play anything video related after kb253355 install 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tractorjack

tractorjack

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

I have suddenly developed problems with my Win 7 after installing software, specifically the aforementioned update.
At present, I can not use Skype (I get the 0xC0000034 error), any torrent downloaders, play video on youtube, etc, and the flash player crashes in all browser windows (FF, IE) every time. VLC will play video, but no sound, and when I try to access controls, the program crashes, but won't quit the systray, like Skype. Itunes will load up, but not play anything, and then freezes, and has to be forced to quit. I've done a clean boot, and still nothing was working. I tried to restore twice, but both failed, at which point my save points were deleted as new action had taken place. I checked my device manager. and all hardware is functioning fine. I am currently updating all drivers, but I'm fairly certain it's superfluous. I have disabled my firewall and AVG, run spybot, and scanned for virus. All clean. (I've always kept a clean drive).
I am soooo close to fragging the drive and reinstalling Windows. Please help save my sanity. I have tried to uninstall the patch, but can't.
Things went to pot after installing KB2533552, and 2534366...
Running Win 7 64 bit, Ultimate, v.6.1 (build 7601, SP1)
4 gig ram, triple core AMD processor, ATI 4770 graphics card, Creative SB Titanium sound.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Have you thought about a repair install? http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

This patch is the only one that failed on me .. KB2534366. It came after I installed SP1 successfully. It is supposed to be installed before installing SP1. Posted Image

It doesn't make any sense to me, so rather than worrying about it, I hid the dang thing (out of sight, out of mind)

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 tractorjack

tractorjack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Well, that's best advice I've got so far....I'm pretty much tapped out, after updating every driver, and cleanbooting more times than I can remember...

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users