Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus creating WINDOWS\TEMP\?????.exe files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 punkwood2k

punkwood2k

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

My computer caught a virus that I simply cannot catch with AVG, Spyware Doctor, or MBAM. Currently running Windows XP.

Every few minutes or so, AVG will give me a flash screen saying it has blocked C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\(random file name).exe, and moved it to the vault. But it keeps doing this over and over, with a different .exe everytime. I've used system restore 3 times for farther and farther dates, and ran 3 anti-virus programs sequentially in Safe Mode. Nothing stops it. Furthermore, every link I click on from a search engine is redirected to other random search engines I've never seen before..

In addition, my computer has shut itself down, by end tasking each process individually, without my direction.. It has also affected several other seemingly random things like certain programs will no longer start, my printer ports are completely FUBAR now so I cant print anything, and there is an svchost.exe that is using almost 100,000K that I have never seen before..

I apologize if this was covered in another post, but I dont even know what to search for.

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 21 May 2011 - 04:24 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users