Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Service Pack 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PrittStick

PrittStick

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:56 AM

Windows SP2... Is it really that good? Everytime I have been convinced to install this... MONSTROSITY... I have had nothing but trouble. Everytime you want to do, ANYTHING, SP2 stops you, or does something to annoy you or get in your way. I want the best protection around but I want some damned freedom too! Surely, the makers of the internet can just put an end to viruses and malware, there must be some way, other than making SP2... the worst thing that ever happend to Windows.

Please reply with your points and views on Windows Service Pack 2

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:22 AM

To tell you the truth im thinking of removing my copy! It does alot of trouble yes it does! Just stay away until they get all the bugs worked out. It really affects your IE browser and the stuff that relies on it. Thats why I want to remove it.
Just my opinion there will be more.
CGM3

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:42 AM

This is from MS:

If you want to roll back changes that were made by the Windows XP SP2 Setup program and remove Windows XP SP2, use one of the following methods.

Method 1: Remove Windows XP SP2 by using the Add or Remove Programs tool in Control
Panel

1.Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.

2.In the list of currently installed programs, click Windows XP SP2, and then click Remove.

3.Click Next, and then follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen to remove
Windows XP SP2.

Method 2: Remove Windows XP SP2 by using the Spuninst.exe command-line command
To do this:

1.Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.

2.At the command prompt, type the following lines. Press ENTER after each line.

cd %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\Spuninst
spuninst.exe

3.Follow the instructions to remove Windows XP SP2.

Edited by tg1911, 27 October 2004 - 09:43 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 PrittStick

PrittStick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for your replies but sadly for me, when I was attempting at removing it, it took me a whole day to find it out. And now you tell me :thumbsup:
I am just glad that it's not only ME that feels this way! Btw, use Mozilla Firefox now IE Browser

www.getfirefox.com

IE Browser is.. AHHHH!!

:flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users