Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software startup very slow

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Techindiaengineers

Techindiaengineers

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:50 AM

A few days ago i had installed iBall c8.0 driver and the very day cleaner up my ram and stuff. This was where the problem began.
Now whenever my computer boots up in the initial time it could take like 5mins to open any software.. After the initial slowdown there is no other problems seen. This problem did not exist before me installing those driver. So I uninstalled it but still the problem persists. So I believe i might be infected or maybe I have some hardware problem so guys someone please guide
TY

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#3 Techindiaengineers

Techindiaengineers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:48 AM

Here is the speccy link, The guide of yours has no images so I tried my best( The images were changed to frog images)
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/xdHAJPD3QXPp60J7g6ijLzk

In the mean time now I am suffering from random system crashes
Most of the time due to Aswsp.sys
and once due to ntfs.sys
I also ran memtest for 3 passes and it found no errors
Thank you

Edited by Techindiaengineers, 24 May 2011 - 04:55 AM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

I would recommend removing Spy Bot Search and Destroy, Tune Up Utilities, and I would get rid of the PC2-4200 RAM as that is slowing your system down as well.

We need to know more about your BSODs...

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)

No installation required.

Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program and When scanning is done, go to Edit > Select All.

Then go to File > Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Compliments of Broni

#5 Techindiaengineers

Techindiaengineers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

I have unistalled Spy Bot no benefit`
I have been using Tuneup so I don't think it causes problems and it also has theme extensions so cannot disable it
I believe the Ram is not slowing startup as it was there since I custom made this PC

As I use ccleaner it deletes all the minidump files and so I have no records :(.Besides I have not receiver even one BSOD from when I posted, So I will post when it happens.
Thank You

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

Uninstall Tune Up Utilities It has been known to cause issues with computers. Its part of Troubleshooting.

So please remove Tune Up Utilities and stop using CCleaner per:

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons:

• Registry cleaners are extremely powerful applications that can damage the registry by using aggressive cleaning routines and cause your computer to become unbootable.

The Windows registry is a central repository (database) for storing configuration data, user settings and machine-dependent settings, and options for the operating system. It contains information and settings for all hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in this repository. The registry is a crucial component because it is where Windows "remembers" all this information, how it works together, how Windows boots the system and what files it uses when it does. The registry is also a vulnerable subsystem, in that relatively small changes done incorrectly can render the system inoperable. For a more detailed explanation, read Understanding The Registry.

• Not all registry cleaners are created equal. There are a number of them available but they do not all work entirely the same way. Each vendor uses different criteria as to what constitutes a "bad entry". One cleaner may find entries on your system that will not cause problems when removed, another may not find the same entries, and still another may want to remove entries required for a program to work.

• Not all registry cleaners create a backup of the registry before making changes. If the changes prevent the system from booting up, then there is no backup available to restore it in order to regain functionality. A backup of the registry is essential BEFORE making any changes to the registry.

• Improperly removing registry entries can hamper malware disinfection and make the removal process more difficult if your computer becomes infected. For example, removing malware related registry entries before the infection is properly identified can contribute to system instability and even make the malware undetectable to removal tools.

• The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results".

Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.
Also certain theming software make changes to the windows system on how it operates.

#7 Techindiaengineers

Techindiaengineers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

Ok I have removed it and still no benefit.
This problem actually started when I actually cleaned my CPu from inside is maybe something still loose like Ram.
The other thing which I did was the Iball driver.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

What is the iBall Driver and what is an iball?

#9 Techindiaengineers

Techindiaengineers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

Soz for not being specific
Iball is the company of my webcam.
http://iball.co.in/Product.aspx?c=11 that is link to the product
http://www.iball.co.in/Download.aspx?s=1 that is link to the driver its the (Camera Driver - XP.zip)

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

What version of the iBall do you have?

#11 Techindiaengineers

Techindiaengineers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

The first one and I cant link it to the specific one its Face2Face c8.0
I was never even able to run the microphone present on it thats why I was trying in the first point.
I have uninstalled the softwares and drivers and also disconnected the webcam still problem persists.

#12 Techindiaengineers

Techindiaengineers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

should i try system restore? It may probably work if its that software problem?

Edited by Techindiaengineers, 25 May 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#13 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

No installation required.

Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.

Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.

You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

Compliments of Broni

#14 Techindiaengineers

Techindiaengineers
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

I am unable to attach as I cannot find it so should I post it here?

#15 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:42 AM

Yes post it here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users