Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Infected?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eyebrowns

eyebrowns

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

I'm not sure what happened but... today I downloaded from a P2P service. u_u Yeah, I know but I didn't think anything would happen as always. So the file itself was really big but I didn't install it at all, just extracted it. I was going to install it and block sites using my HOSTS File, etc but then I had to leave. So I turn off my computer for a few hours then come home to a message saying my hard drive has limited space. So I check it and I had about 2MB left on my 48.8GB hard drive which was weird since I'm sure I had upwards of 20 before I left? Don't quote me on it but I know there was a lot of room. So I delete the exe file that I downloaded to free up some space and managed to get 5GB of free space... but that's still not that much.

So I'm not sure if I'm infected with something that filled up my hard drive? Or... I'm not sure but I really just want to check and make sure nothing abnormal is going on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 eyebrowns

eyebrowns
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:47 AM

Anyone to help? I'd really like to check to see what's going on...

#3 invision

invision

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

Download WinDirStatPortable which will scan your dive and give you a picture of all your files. It willl show you what's taking all the space

http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/windirstat_portable

If you're not sure what to delete report back for more info

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users