Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White screen and static, then reboot cycle

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sobekcroc

Sobekcroc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

My computer has been acting up. It started by showing a pure white screen with static noise in my headphones while I was playing a game. When I try to restart it, it goes into a cycle: it revs its fans and lights come on as if it's trying to boot up, but only for a second or so. 6 seconds after stopping, it does the same thing again. Other times, especially with my old 450W psu that I replaced somewhat recently, the computer fans and lights will stay on, but no signal goes to the monitor. Somewhat recently, I finally got some interesting POST beeps, but they don't usually happen. I got one short beep, a pause, then 2 short beeps.

Since then I've tried replacing the ram, mobo, graphics card, cpu, and psu. Sometimes when I replace a part it will be able to boot correctly once or twice, but within 24 hours I get the white screen with static sounds, followed by fail computer booting. Four times in total now.

I'm frustrated because when testing the thing, I get inconsistent results (like trying one stick of ram in the same slot twice and the computer doing the 7-second cycle once, and doing the exact same thing again and having it come on but show no monitor signal the next.) I feel like I can't narrow the problem down to one part, and I really hope you guys have an idea of what to do. Usually I'm a DIY kind of person, and I built this computer myself, but I'm pretty much out of ideas.

mobo: MSI H57M-ED65 LGA 1156 Intel H57 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
RAM: OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1333LV4GK.NE
CPU: Intel i3 530
Video card: EVGA 9800 GT
HD's: 1 tb Hitachi 0F10383 and 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200

Thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users