Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recording Webinars

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CyberSchoolTeacher

CyberSchoolTeacher

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

I have a webinar coming up and I already have the equipment to record the audio via line in from the telephone. My issue is recording the entire webinar so that the teachers can view it later on.

We have Licenses for Camtasia but it records to Ram until you are done and we don't have a computer with that much RAM and that just does not seem smart anyway. Is there a program or method that I can use to record the screen while capturing the audio from the line in? I have even went to the lengths of getting out a video camera and testing to see if that would work, but the quality is so bad that you can't tell what is going on. As far as I can tell, it would have to be a screen recording program. I quickly looked into Camstudio and that might work but the forums were talking about downloading and installing three different codecs and an Xvid.

This might be a bad question, but is there something that will allow me to record directly from my screen to DVD? We have many computers with DVD burners but the software that I deal with records it all to RAM first.

In short, I need to record two hours worth of a live video on the web. Can it be done? What is the best way?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ViroDox

ViroDox

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

You can use Video Recording and select the specific program/window to record.

It's not a very good idea to record from your computer to your DvD as space issues, and the fact that it's not going to happen. You can burn it later.
It's impossible not to use RAM when your using any program because RAM is the memory the program uses to run.

What program are you using to watch the webinars, I think I might be aple to help you if you told the exact details.
You can record the outside noise with a mircophone or such along with the video at the same time.

Or you can record the audio, record the video, crop the video, then merge it together with video editing programs.
I can help with that, but I don't know if there's anything personal.

#3 IMDuru

IMDuru

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

Hey,

Many of the Webinar software include recording capability.

I have been using GotoWebinar by Citrix and you can record your webinar within the system.
You will need to get their codec to render the video later to whatever file format you want to end up with.

I hope that helps smile.gif

Duru
Have a great day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users