Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ccleaner affected my Outlook

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tazmi

tazmi

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

I ran C Cleaner and chose the advanced option to have it 'wipe free space', it advised it would take a long time, but I figured my computer needed it as it had been running slowly and the mouse at times was slow to respond and somewhat erratic. I figured I could still work while it was running. However, once it started the portion to delete and wipe space clean, I would click on my Outlook short cut and the icon would go to the 'spinning circle' indicating something was going to happen and then it stopped and Outlook would not open (no error message). I tried opening it from the program menu and got the same result. I also noticed that in Google chrome, it will open my tabs as they had been set before, but if I open a new tab and try to search for something it also spins as if something is going to happen and then nothing. When I hit refresh, it removes my search words from the URL field and goes to nothing. HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

Try reinstalling Outlook & Google Chrome
You might want to backup your outlook.pst file before reinstalling outlook just in case.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 tazmi

tazmi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

i did already try to reinstall chrome and I am still having the same results. I don't mind reinstalling outlook as i have a Google account IMAPed in there. However, as far as reinstalling Outlook, can I install only Outlook from the Microsoft Office suite when I put in the installation disk?

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

Yes if you do a custom
Depending on the verion of Office there might be a repair option as well.
You might want to try that first.

For Chrome try uninstalling it before you reinstall.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 tazmi

tazmi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:34 PM

great, chrome works now...YAY, even though I have to set back up all my bookmarks. Now I will be trying to repair Outlook. Thanks so far!

#6 tazmi

tazmi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

We are good now. However, is there some other program that you recommend over C Cleaner that will not interfere with my other programs? Also, is it possible that the docking station I use at work is poor? As I do not feel like i have the same mouse problems at home...ALTHOUGH, it also acted funky when I used the actual touchpad itself.

#7 tazmi

tazmi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

I am still hoping I can get a reply on the problem with my mouse and what cleaner is best to use. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users