Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Links, And Webpages Won't Work Right.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kel420

kel420

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:30 PM

hey everyone :thumbsup: i'm new to this site. ...i read down to previous posts and didn't find my question, so hopefully i'm not reposting a talked about question :flowers:

a few days ago some of my links stopped working. not all of them, just some of them. when i click on them, nothing happens. ..it doesn't even try to load. and rarely when i click on a link, it opens a blank page and says its done loading.

a good example.. if anyone uses myspace.com, whenever i go to the blog section to write a blog, the place where you input the text is gone. so i can't write anything. and also, when i read bulletins i can't reply to them because when i click the reply link, nothing happens.

i was thinking maybe it had to do with my internet explorer. (i have internet explorer 6) because, and im taking a wild guess, about a month ago i was trying to free up space on my computer and i had the option to do something with a bunch of different things, like win. media player, and msn homepage.. anyway IE was in there and i clicked on it to free up space. it didnt delete, but it went from like, 2.8 MB to 0.0MB in the list. sorry if im confusing everyone.. but i dont know. maybe its IE, maybe something else?

i'd appreciate anyones tips, advice, and reccomendations.. thanks! :trumpet:

-kelly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:50 AM

Hi kel420

Try a repair on IE.

Start > Settings > Control Panel.

> double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
> Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools.
> Double-click this entry

You will then see a box that shows > Select the option to Repair Internet Explorer and press the OK button.
Then choose > Yes

When it is done reboot your computer.

1) Go to download.com , type in mozilla firefox and install this browser, when prompt for selecting as default, select YES.

Why go to Download.com when there is Firefox downloads available directly from mozilla.com
Firefox - Rediscover the Web
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users