Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disc Recognition

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cheney

cheney

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

My laptop has taken to not sensing the presence of any disc when I load it. Matters not whether it be audio, data, program. I'm stuck with transferring files via USB devices. Any suggestions as to remedy.
Cheney

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

Open My Computer and under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the CD-ROM drive, and then click Properties. On the AutoPlay tab, click the multimedia content type you want to change.
Under Actions, click the action you want Windows to perform when it detects the media type you selected.

If that does not solve the problem go to start/control panel/performance and maintenance. Click on system icon, then hardware tab and finally device manager button.

Go down to cd drives and see if there is a yellow or red icon next to drive. If so right click on device and choose uninstall. Reboot and let windows reinstall device drivers.

#3 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

Well ....... franktiii says it all ......
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

I agree, and am smilling ...
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:25 PM

I recently worked on a computer with autoplay disabled and had a heck of a time with it. Regfixes didn't work, changing settings on the tabs or just changing to default didn't work. I finally downloaded a tool from Microsoft that fixes the problem. Autoplay Tool

#6 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:01 AM

good tool, Herk. ty
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users