Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittent Internet connection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kjjb

kjjb

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

Hi all,
I was advised to head over to this forum to discuss some pc issues.
about 4 weeks ago I started having troubles with computer not being able to maintain an internet connection
I run xp pro service pack 3.
I have a dynalink rta1025w wireless modem.
my wireless connection is solid and speed remains good. I keep getting pop ups saying lan connected followed by network cable unplugged.
I replaced the cable no change.
I have contacted modem manufacturer and they say pc issue not modem.
I have also just started having trouble with sending email from outlook saying message sent but remaining in outbox. I have done a system restore back till january this year and told no changes made. I ahve done a resuce disk scan no issues. I have done a system file check and nothing came up either.
getting frustrated with connected as i am not able to use net efficiently and at times at all.
i have checked lan connection status and all is apparently well.
can't really think of other checks, been so many so far. any help apprecaited.
also today i use a program called mailwasher to filter email from foreign server for some reason all my email even those i have marked for deletion are coming through my machine. I will contact makers about this.
also i have moved connection to all of the four ports on the modem with no change.
kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kjjb

kjjb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

also about 90% of email going straight to junk email folder even those on friends list. bizaar.
kevin

#3 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

so, wireless communication from this machine is ok but when you use the wired connection from this machine you have trouble, correct ?

in Device Manager does the network adapter(card) show as working properly ? I am thinking there is a loose connection either in the port where you plug your cable in or where the port is soldered to the motherboard or network card.

are you able to move the end of the cable around to try and make a connection. try pressure down, then try holding it up, try side to side. Will it connect in any of these positions ? also check port for dirt or dust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users