Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio from PC to Ear Force PX5

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jephph1

jephph1

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

I'm trying to send audio out from my computer to the transmitter for the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX5 Headset. It works perfectly with my ps3, but I can't get it from the computer.
I've got an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard, and I'm using the optical audio out port with an optical audio cable into the optical in port on the transmitter. I've set the default audio out to digital audio. I'm not getting any sound in the headset. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

You did double check the volume control properties to make sure that the slider is turned up and it is not in any way muted, right?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 jephph1

jephph1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:23 AM

Yes, I did.

~Jephph

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

There has to be something not right with those outputs, are you sure those are connected to the motherboard? Are they connected to the S/PDIF port on the motherboard? There should be SPDIF IN and SPDIF_OUT and a GROUND connector and possibly a +5 Volt one as well, make sure that those are connected correctly to the motherboard.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 jephph1

jephph1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

Problem solved. Audio driver update did it.

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

Glad to hear you solved the problem and thank you for posting your solution. :thumbup2:

Happy computing and enjoy!

Bruce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users