Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Louis Braille's Birthday Today

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Did you know it was Louis Braille's birthday? Yes the blind persons reading alphabet

See Google

http://www.google.com/

The Story of http://www.his.com/~pshapiro/braille.html

Edited by boopme, 04 January 2006 - 04:35 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:45 PM

Hey I noticed that today on Google. I actually looked up his history on Wikipedia. I think it is interesting the things he has accomplished. For being blind, he sure was able to do a lot that probably a blind man today couldn't. :thumbsup:

btw: Some of my friends are just idiots. They didn't even bother clicking on Google's logo to figure out what was going on. :flowers:

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

yeah, imagine that about Mr. Braille.
It's like how Beethoven composed great music while deaf.

I'm thinking people everywhere are doing things individually that would really amaze us,
and the collected works of those unsung heros does amount to something righteously good.

Take the internet, for instance.
Look where we are today.
As compared to 1996.
Or 1976.

Examples like Louis, well they make me an optimist. :thumbsup:

I want to put braille alphabet codes on my desktop as icons ...

http://www.towofu.net/soft/e-index.php might help do that. :flowers:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:11 AM

Actually what got me was I saw google in Braille and noticed the G's were different and when I passed my mouse over the first dot it said Happy Birthday Louis Braille.

It's an incredible thing as you've mentioned Beethoven and others such as Keller,Stephen W. Hawking and Stevie Wonder. Whose whole album 'Inner Visions' is written and all instruments are performed by him. These people inspire me. We have a young man at our Karate school who is blind. He's the brother of another student,who said to me one day he just comes buy to watch. Well that led me to say, come join us. It is a different thing to watch how he learns. For example: As we learn a Kata or form of movement, he feels (physically) your bodt position right to the tips of your fingers or toes. Then he recreates it. It's fantastic to see. The point being the inspiration. There are a lot of aspects to his learning, perhaps another time.

glad to see some others appreciate Louis
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users