Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows xp recovery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Baskiel

Baskiel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

i had the windows xp recovery virus on my computer i think i got rid of it but i dont have anything in my all programs and all my descktop shortcuts are gone short of the things i loaded from following your instructions i will attach the thing i was prompted to. i can not get on the internet with the other pc but i can with my laptop that is what i am on now i need help with this hope you can help. your page helped me remove the windows tweeking utility so hopeing that this will help you to help me. thank you for your time.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 heir

heir

• Malware Response Team
  • 763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:36 AM

:welcome: to BC!

I'm reviewing your logs and will be back when I've analyzed them.

Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead.
Please post the final results, good or bad. We like to know!
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
My help is always free, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware then click Posted Image

#3 heir

heir

• Malware Response Team
  • 763 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:03 AM

Let's use another tool to scan your computer.

Oh, and please paste in the logs in your reply unless I ask you to do otherwise.

But first we need to secure your memory-stick as you are transferring files between two computers.

Step 1.
Flash_Disinfector:

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Use the disinfected flash-drive to transfer files between the computers

Step 2.
OTL-scan:

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Standard Output.
  • Underneath the option Extra Registry change it to Use SafeList.
  • Underneath the option File Scans set the File Age to 30 Days
  • Underneath the option File Scans check the boxes beside Use Company Name WhiteList, Skip Microsoft Files, Use No-Company Name WhiteList, LOP Check, Purity Check.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in

hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs
    msconfig
    safebootminimal
    safebootnetwork
    %TEMP%\smtmp\*.* /S
    %AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\*.* /S
    %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\*.* /S
    %AllUsersProfile%\Desktop\*.* /S
    %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*.* /S
    %UserProfile%\Application Data\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*.* /S
    %USERPROFILE%\..\*.
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\*.exe /s
    %APPDATA%\*.
    %APPDATA%\*.exe /s
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.

Step 3.
Things I would like to see in your reply:

• The content of OTL.txt and Extras.txt from step 2.

Posted Image
My help is always free, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware then click Posted Image

#4 heir

heir

• Malware Response Team
  • 763 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users