Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't access finder or hard drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 burned out

burned out

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

so my macbook pro slipped off my coffee table and landed on my foot. so in addition to a bruised foot, i also managed to mess up my laptop. there are no files showing on the desktop. not even the hard drive icon. the dock shows and I can open some of the third party apps i've tried but i cannot open the finder or the hard drive (i also have a hard drive icon in my dock). if i close the apps, i have to do a manual shutdown. any thoughts?? i'd like to avoid taking it to the apple store if possible. i have ran disk utility multiple times and tried running some commands that were suggested after a safe boot. if anything it seems to have gotten worse. i used to be able to control click on the hard drive icon in the dock and tab over to files on the hard drive which did open (promising) but the last couple times i tried that i've had no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

Have you tried booting into safe mode? Or reset the PRAM? You may want to insert your operating system disc and run the hardware diagnostic utility to see if anything has been damaged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users