Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something Not Right With New Dvd Rw Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Barny Rubble

Barny Rubble

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

Happy New Year to all in Bleeping Computer Land. :thumbsup:
About 6 months ago I was forced to buy a new DVD drive, (the old one decided to stop ejecting discs) so I bough a nice new LG DVD-RW which says its a super multi and compact disc rewriteable etc. etc. Unplugged the old drive, plugged in new drive and I seem to remember I installed drivers etc at the time. Since then no problems, games work, music and dvd's work I even recorded some photo's onto my last cdr's with no problem.
Now I have bought some DVD-R to record more photo's onto and the dont work, the drive refuses to record onto them. Have I bought the wrong ones? must I buy DVD-RW or do I have to reconfigure my Nero and Windows Media player so that they know that they are now talking to a DVD-RW, they still say CD-R when I try to send information.
For information I am running on Windows XP
Thanks for any assistance you can provide. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

Usually programs dont say dvd/rw in the slot, they simply say dvd or cdr. Now you should be able to just burn it to the disk, but alot of times with cheap disks...aka 20 for 5 bucks packs. Theyre crap. And dont work. Try a well known brand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users