Hello, We had several Malware items appear a week and a half ago.
I was able to remove several with Malwarebytes run in safe mode. But on booting up normally I encountered a few issues.
1) There is a red shield in the system tray on the right that has a balloon stating that "Your Computer may be at risk, Automatic Updates is turned off, Click this balloon to fix this problem".
2) When I right click "My Computer" and select Properties, to check if this is true, i get rundll32.exe is not found.
3) If I try to run other itrems I either get rundll32 not found or the popup to associate the item to an application appears.
4) Programs run in safe mode so the rundll32.exe problem is very suspect.
5) I ran the Prefetch (something like that) and deleted all the cache files - this didn't help.
6) I ran eset in safe mode and it removed 14 items. But this did not solve the problem.
I have a text file with the OTL scan results, also run in safe mode. I can provide this if desired. Can you assist me?