Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random BSoD during browsing.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ciarkness

Ciarkness

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:20 AM

Recently, few weeks ago I started to have some random BSoD and a restart follow after browsing on the google. From my few previous virus experience, this virus isn't very developed yet. So I need help cleaning my system before it "grows". I am using Google Chrome, right now I am scanning with my Avira Premium Suite, which I normally scanned on daily schedule and I have not yet detected any virus thought I have been getting BSoD few times. This morning after another BSoD, my screen turned into black screen saying system deleteing corrupted files etc... I think the proccess was safe, it was during the boot up. Then my computer restarted it-self as usual. Then, I ran MalwareByte Anti-malware and Avira again, full scan this time. While I was doing that I thought it could be because of some system files, so I opend up my IObit Advanced Care and did a deep fix. It was pretty normal, though the first part of the malware detection, I got 5 virus detection, 4 cookies which is safe. But the other 1 was some .exe file with 4-5 stars rated dangerous. I deleted it anyway. Now while my malware'byte and my avira are still running I ran RKill just in case. My RKill picked up a Racagent.exe in the system32 folder. And then after that here I am, looking for help before my 2nd computer gets corrupted with virus unable to boot-up.

Additional Imformation: I am using Inspiron 1525, with Vista. I have Rkill and combofix on my USB stick ever since my first virus invasion incident.
EDIT 1 - May 18, 10:22PM PST: So far my MalwareByte and my Avira are still scanning, almsot done with no virus-picked up.

EDIT 2 - May 18, 11:34PM PST: Done scanning, no virus detected, I need next instructions?

EDIT 3 - May 19, 8:17PM PST: Was restarting computer, computer froze at logging off screen. Had to hold on the power button to shut down, then after I re-boot the computer, the checking thingy appeared, forgot wahts it called CHSKHK something like that. Then here I am, cannot find the problem of my computer. Still waiting for expert to help :/? No BSoD so far though.

EDIT 4 - May 20, 8:52PM PST: Scanning with SUPERAntispyware right now, already scanned with TDSSkiller, 0 infections. After SuperAntispyware I am gonna try scanning with GMER. I won't use ComboFix until the virus grows (Yes I know the consequences if used wrongly)

EDIT 5 - Additional INFO: Still running SuperAntispyware, starting to notice that my Chrome browser is experiencing conenction problems, need to refresh/reload in order to view page, this might be part of the virus act.

EDIT 6 - May 20, 9:47PM PST: My internet connection was experiencing problems involving not able to connect to internet, but I diagnosis and repaired worked solved the problem, I am listing the message in my second post. Please someone help me soon.

EDIT 7 - May 20, 10:11PM PST: My GMER crashed when I was running for like 5 minutes. Going to redownload and try again soon.

Edited by Ciarkness, 20 May 2011 - 12:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ciarkness

Ciarkness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Bump.

EDIT A.1: My tech specs are listed below:
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron
Processor: Intel® Pantium® Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz 1.60GHz
Ram: 1GB
System: 32-bit Operating System
Graphic Card: Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Edited by Ciarkness, 20 May 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#3 Ciarkness

Ciarkness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

his webpage is not available
The server at www.google.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the web service that translates a website's name to its internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Check your internet connection. Reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Check your DNS settings. Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.
Try disabling DNS prefetching by following these steps: Go to Wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood and deselect "Use DNS pre-fetching to improve page load performance."
Try adding Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or check with your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working.
If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, try the following steps: Go to Wrench menu > Options > Under the Hood > Change proxy settings > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN."
Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

#4 Ciarkness

Ciarkness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

BSoD again, this time it wasn't from browsing the internet, the screen code was:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00004000
BCP2: 896A3A88
BCP3: 80000000
BCP4: 001B5800
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini052011-01.dmp
C:\Users\acteyes\AppData\Local\temp\WER-105441-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\acteyes\AppData\Local\temp\WERF90D.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

#5 Ciarkness

Ciarkness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:10 PM

After the superantivirus scan, I only picked up 2 virus, deleted them, it was trojan agent of some sort. rated 5 on the scale of 1-10. Anyone have any idea how to fix the virus? I also been starting to experience DNS problem from above after starting up computer, but soon fixed after few minutes.

#6 Ciarkness

Ciarkness
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

I went to safe mode and re-scan once more with all the programs, no virus detected but when I restart my computer, some of my startup programs are experiencing entry point not found problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users