Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Backup Errors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

So, I upgraded to Win7 Professional specifically to use the network backup feature. (Thank you student discount!) However I have having two errors, so far, no successful backups.

1: Unable to create shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP" application event logs for more information. Details: insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data. (0x81000019)

Hmm, I don't think it is a storage issue. I only have about 320GB of files on my entire drive, and an entire 1TB open on this backup drive. I've looked into the VSS and SPP services and they both appear to be running so I am not sure what would be up with them.

Well... I ended up going for custom settings and turned off the shadow copy in the back up options and then attempted the back up again. And I get a classic "Access is Denied" error.

Any ideas? :(
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

What anti-virus program are you using? It may be interfering with the 'permission' to backup.

See this an related tutorials http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/615-backup-user-system-files.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users