Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"windows Cannot Find Eviewer.exe . . . . . . . . ."

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 T-rex

T-rex

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

Greetings,
I am running Windows XP Professional. I attempted to install a Sandisk docking port (I'm a tec novice - think that's what it's called) that would allow me to insert digital camera card so that I could transfer dig camera pics to my desktop. My daughter had already installed the digital camera (Samsung) disk and I uninstalled that program, thinking I needed to do that in order to install the SanDisk. Duh! Long story short, I believe that I deleted "eViewer.exe" in this process. When I now attempt to open a JPEG attachment to an e-mail, I get the above message (unable to locate eViewer.exe).
Help. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

If you have the disk that came with the camera you could try reinstalling eviewer. Alternatively you could go to my computer, select a hard drive and click on tools menu. Select folder options and click on file types tab. Scroll down to jpg, jpeg, etc. Select a file type and then click on the change button. At the top it should have several recommended programs that will enable you to view jpegs, select one and change the association.

The next time you go to open a jpg file it will open with the newly associated program.

#3 Winnipeg

Winnipeg

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:25 AM

Hello T-rex;

Have you tried to do a search for the file eviewer.exe in search.

If you have system restore active on your machine, why not just restore the computer back to when the file was there. All you have to do is - Go To - Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scroll down to > System Restore. and click > Restore my computer to an earlier time.

If this doesn't work you can also use > Last Known Good Configuration. All you have to do - Go To > Start > Turn Off Computer > Click - Restart and just as Windows is booting up > Hit the Key F8 > Scroll down using arrow keys and highlight > Last Known Good Configuration and hit enter.

Hope this helps...

Winnipeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users