Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with csrss.exe and jqsnotify.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 misledyouth

misledyouth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

so everytime i i go into my user account(which is the admin account) i get a pop up saying

windows cannot find C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrss.exe'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. to search for a file, click the start button, and click search

followed by

could not load or run C:\DOCUME~1\Admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrss.exe'specified in the registry. make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry.

i dont know what to do or what they mean, so i usually just click ok
however whenever i try to open firefox, avast, or even the registry editor, it opens up a open with window, and asks to select a program to open it with. after choosing a program i get the following message

C:\PrgramFiles\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ff\..\..\..\..\bin
jqsnotify.exe
Application not found

i dont know whats wrong with my computer, but just 2 days ago i ended up with the XP home security trojan virus, i think i got rid of that by using doing a scan on my computer using avast, the scan found the trojan plus some other infected files that i got rid of, but now im stuck with this new problem. is my computer still infected with the trojan virus? or did i mess up and delete some important file when i deleted the files after the scan? please help i want to get my computer running like before. oh and im using windows XP home edition

Edited by hamluis, 19 May 2011 - 07:15 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:55 AM

I suggest you post in the Am I Infected forum

#3 misledyouth

misledyouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

sorry about not posting in the right forum, im new here

does anyone recognize the problems i have with my computer and how to fix them?

#4 samd10

samd10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:49 AM

Hi, I've got this problem as well, or at least something similar. I got the same first two messages, and couldn't open any program because it told me to associate the program with an application or something in Folder Options. I tried running CC Cleaner and scanning & fixing for any issues, which hasn't had any effect. I deleted all my Temp files, but still nothing. After that I got "the instruction at "0x7c910a19" referenced memory at "0x000a01db". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program". I saw somewhere some advice to solve part of my problem was to type something into "Start -> Run" so I did, but that asked to choose a program to run it with. I clicked use the web, and it got me onto Firefox.

This started happening yesterday, I downloaded a Firefox add-on for Twitter, and shortly after that, MacAfee told me there was a Trojan and recommended that I move it to the vault, which I did.

Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users