Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failing to boot windows, system recovery always starts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 thibauld

thibauld

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hello,

This is my first time posting here, I hope you will be able to help me.

My issue is very similar to the one shown in this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic395047.html

2 Days ago my desktop running windows 7 ultimate 64- bits suddenly crashed, showing nothing but a black screen a bit less than a minute after starting up a game. A few seconds later my computer automatically rebooted and the repair tool launched. After it was done I took a look at the report and all it could find that was broken was ci.dll, the same as in previously mentioned topic. I ran CHKDSK and scf /scannow after that, but they couldnt fix anything or find any bad sectors. I could not boot windows unless i disabled driver signing as well, however I never get any BSOD's. My system is also a bit slower as well, but not that slow. After looking at the previously mentioned topic i downloaded FRTS64 and ran it as well, I've attached the log. (No, I did not run the code that you warned not to use on a different system and on a different machine :) )

I'm also experiencing the same browser issues. When i enter an invalid URL I'm being forwarded to the http://Ziggo.nl website, my ISP. Also the first two times I tried to open my browser nothing happened. I waited about 15 seconds, tried again and then it opened.

I think it might be a virus as well, im using P2P a lot as well though i havent downloaded anything weird in a long while. My last 100-ish downloads (all fansubs for 2 anime series) have all come from the same site which i trust. however i did recently download a patch for a game, but that came from a site that is also used very frequently, and i havent heard of anything similar from friends/friendly gamers who downloaded the same patch.

Please see if you can help me,

Thibauld

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thibauld

thibauld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

Apparently I fail at uploading files, here im trying again...

Attached Files

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 thibauld

thibauld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hey,

I've started a new topic Here and posted the DDS log.

Thibauld

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,658 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

Thank you :)

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

Now that your malware log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the logs you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on, the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Now that you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Removal Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users