Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:30 PM
Hello. I am having a problem with my laptop (IBM Thinkpad T30) running Windows XP SP2 32-bit. Antivirus program is AVG Free 2011. Also have Malwarebytes and FCleaner.
Here are it's symptoms:
1. Google redirects (I think I fixed this via a method I found on the internet)
2. At start up I receive an error message that the "Generic host for win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to stop." (something along those lines.
3. These local services stop by themselves: Themes, Windows Audio, Windows Firewall
4. Windows firewall will not allow me to manually start the service.
5. Computer will not automatically update.
6. Cannot access the Windows update site for a manual update.
I have tried:
1. AVG Virus scan
3. Malwarebytes scan
7. Free Windows Registry repair
8. some other things I found on the internet
I cannot seem to figure this out. I have tried so many things. PLEASE HELP! Thank you in advance for your help