Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

monitor turn black

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:08 AM

im out of solution and im not really sure in which section i should post this.

my pc is running windows 7 ultimate,but im sure my problem doesn't have anything to do with the os.
anyway,my problem is,my monitor turns black at certain time,it happens randomly.when it turns black,a "beep" sound is coming out from the cpu and the sound is there forever.when i pressed the restart button it made no changes.black screen with a beep sound.the only way is to turn off the power and turn it on again.anyone got idea what's happening to my pc?

Edited by Dylanz Of Dylanz, 18 May 2011 - 02:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Morgankevinj

Morgankevinj

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

It is likely that its is overheating? Did you custom build your computer? Do you regularly clean dust from your computer? Take a picture of the inside of your computer if you know how to open the case.

#3 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:27 AM

i've already cleaned the dust in it.the gpu temperature was at 58C idle.after some google search i found that overheating is at around 80C or over 100C.

#4 Morgankevinj

Morgankevinj

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Make sure that there are no cords near the CPU fan. A cord or something else may be hanging lose in your case blocking the CPU fan. Use rubber-bands tape or twist ties to manage them. Also carefully inspect you graphics card for any blown capacitors.

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

Download System Information for Windows (SIW free version)
No installation required.

After it scans your computer, navigate to Hardware>Sensors and post all info from there.

Posted Image

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#6 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:28 AM

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/695/unledya.jpg/

Edited by Dylanz Of Dylanz, 20 May 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#7 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:59 AM

What driver version do you have installed for the nVidia GeForce 9500GT?
A few of the driver packages from nVidia have been rather buggy lately, have you checked event viewer for any issues related to nvlddmkm.sys?

Perhaps if Broni doesn't mind if you follow the instructions below we can get a look at your dump files for clues.

Download BlueScreenView 
No installation required. 
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program. 
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Thanks in advance...

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#8 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

does it matter if the crash time in bluescreenview doesn't match when it really happen?because the latest there is 29/1/2011 while my pc crashed yesterday.i mean,my pc is alright at 29/1/2011,nothing serious at that time

#9 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:15 PM

Then I would take that as meaning your current issues are not creating any blue screens or system crashes, it is just a matter of your video popping out on you.

61 degrees Celsius may not be what is currently listed as an extreme temperature on the NVIDIA support web site, but that does not mean your particular video card is not reacting to that temperature in some negative way.

Being that you stated that your system is sending out a cry for help in the form of a beep code, it is telling you that something is not functioning properly at that point.

Have you tried re-seating that video card again into the slot making sure it is not making contact with any of the components on the motherboard, such as electrolytic capacitors?

Make sure the mounting bracket is not some how shorting out to the edge of the motherboard, it has happened where that bracket is not quite in the slot where it is supposed to be and it shorts out on something close by.

If every looks good, it might be a case of your video card needs a re-flow, it has a faulty circuit, or the video processor is just out right failing.

If you can try that card in another computer, do so and see how it performs, if it fails in another system, it either needs a re-flow or the processor is cooked.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#10 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:08 PM

when i opened my pc today the beep sound came back.this time,no matter how many times i restart and turn off the switch,the beep sound persists.i opened up my cpu and reinserted the graphic card into the slot then it went fine.im gonna try later and see if it happens again

Edited by Dylanz Of Dylanz, 20 May 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#11 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:13 PM

Yeah, unseated video card may cause an issue like that.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#12 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:00 AM

no more beep.but when now theres a loud sound coming from the cpu again,its like the sound of the fan spinning or its coming from the dvd rom...im not sure.this already happened before but i didnt mention it.

#13 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

Can you try to keep the case open in order to pinpoint the source of that noise?

My Website

#14 Dylanz Of Dylanz

Dylanz Of Dylanz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

the sound problem dont happen all the time,i'll try when it does

#15 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:08 PM

OK...

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users