Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kernel64

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 aaalondon

aaalondon

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:38 AM

the other day while surfing a bunch of trojans and virus try to access my pc firefox froze so i closed everything else and had to cut power to reboot on start up i got KERNEL64 is trying to access the internet.
i deny it access but now my pc is very very slow.
i have done a norton virus scan and ad-adware scan apart from the usual found stuff they found nothing new

any suggestions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

Hi aaalondon, and welcome to BleepingComputer,

I researched the Kernel64 error you describe and found that your earlier observations are probably true. It sounds like you have a trojan that needs to be cleaned. I have a guide I would like you to follow. It can be found here:
Start Here! Everything is listed in detail. Please make sure you post your log to the HJT forum HJT Forum

One final note. The HJT area is very busy and staffed by volunteers... so please be patient with them.

Good luck... and if you have any questions, just ask.

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users